Classic Car Park 2011
June 14 2011
Historic Motor Show and “CONCOURS” at Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix
True to tradition, Scandinavia’s biggest motor show with classis cars and motor cycles will open in connection with the yearly Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix.
The aim is 1,000 classic vehicles with number plates during the opening hours of The Classic Car Park in Fælledparken on August 6 – 7 2011.
- Naturally, again this year we hope to attract some of Denmark’s and North Europe’s finest, most beautiful, most fun and most unusual vintage cars and motor cycles to the Classic Car Park, says Casper Lundgren who is responsible of the motor show.
The Classic Car Park will function as motor show as well as parking area for the many spectators who choose to go by their own classic vehicle to the historic race in Fælledparken. Besides, in the area by Restaurant Pavillonen, quite close to the track, all the parked classics will participate in several competitions.
Casper Lundgren explains:
- Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix will run for two days and in several classes. But we would also like to excite participants outside the ticket area – people coming here in a classic car as well as the many Copenhageners and tourists simply going for a walk in Fælledparken with no ticket for the race. Therefore, both racing days we will carry out 5 different competitions and each day a winner will be elected.
Thus, we will have gifts to the most unusual vehicle, the most beautiful vehicle, the vehicle with the most typical accessories characteristic for the time, the vehicle which reflects the owner’s personality the best and finally the vehicle which for inexplicable reasons makes the biggest impression on the jury. Naturally, the jury is heavily burdened of motor historic knowledge. The gifts will be car care products of the brand Meguiar’s.
Casper Lundgren adds that the organizers together with the many car make clubs who will come to Fælledparken will see to it that the exhibited cars will be placed according to car make, as far as possible.
In order to get parking space for your car in The Classis Car Park it must be registered for the first time on December 31 1981 at the latest. For The Classic Car Park, please register here www.chgp.dk Participation in the Classic Car Park costs DKK 40 per day. The amount will cover the costs for plates to protect the grass and clean-up.
Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix is a race for historic racing cars and Denmark’s biggest motor sport event. Any profit will go to development of talents within Danish motor sport. The track in Fælledparken is approved by the authorities and Dansk Automobil Sports Union. His Royal Highness Prince Joachim is the patron of the race.
- It is now 6 months ago CHGP 2013 took place ...
- We are both pleased and proud that the Copenhag...
- The good news keep rolling in from Danish car s...
- Mads E. Hansen won DASU Race Academy 2013 and a...
- CHGP-driver drives Formel 1 next season It is w...